Care & Repair
Newpark Close FRC operates a Care & Repair service, catering to older people in the community.
The Care and Repair programme uses a pool of Garda vetted volunteers to carry out minor repairs in people’s homes.
Most popular tasks so far include:
· Installing security locks and chains
· Installing smoke alarms
· Installing carbon monoxide alarms
· changing plugs, fuses and light bulbs
· facilitating digital (Saorview) switch-over
Also available is a trade referral service, which puts clients in direct contact with recommended trades people, who have the experience to perform tasks which may be beyond the remit of the Care and Repair team. These professionals aim to provide clients with a high standard service at reasonable cost.
Care and Repair is a confidential service.
How do you become a volunteer?
- Application form
- Garda vetting
- Attend, at least, 1 volunteer session
Newpark Close Family Resource Centre
@ 056 -7723309